Are you looking to lose weight but cannot go on a crash diet or to totally change your lifestyle? This keto diet plan beginners guide is the answer you’ve been looking for!
In the next few lines I will explain the Keto diet, its benefits, what to expect and an easy to follow diet plan. I will also list down how you can get more out of your keto diet and things to watch out for before you start this plan so read carefully.
Keto sounds complicated – What is it?
Let me spare you the scientific details of the Keto Diet Plan. Beginners (or anyone looking to start this diet really) just needs to know that Keto is kind of a back to the basics, hunter-gatherer type diet. You eat low carbs and sugars and eat high protein and fat. Easy to imagine our ancestors hunting and eating raw meat and not cakes for dinner! To get slightly more detailed:
- Some science: KETOgenic is the scientific term for any low-carb diet
- What do I do? You change your diet from being high carb (most diets typically are) to being low on carb and high on protein and fat
- Body’s reaction: As your body runs out of easy to get calories from carbs it starts burning its stores of fat to allow give you energy
Is Keto Really a Miracle Plan that can help me lose weight without starving or exercise?
The short answer is YES! Especially in the first 3 to 6 months of your switching to the diet. This happens due to the following 4 reasons:
- As you cut down on carbs your body runs out of sugar – the easiest energy source so it starts burning into reserves of fat leading to weight loss
- It takes more calories to turn protein and fat into energy, so your body spends more energy without exercise (the same calories you would normally go to the gym to burn)
- Protein and fat are more filling and you naturally eat less. Imagine having a full plate of rice vs. a full plate of diced beef. Which one do you think will finish first?
- Lower water retention: Your body needs to retain less water and you shed excess water weight because of this diet
As a side note, while you absolutely don’t need to exercise, I highly recommend that you do exercise while following this diet. (Most athletes follow this diet to perform better so weakness is not an excuse). Exercise will help keep you disciplined and shape your body which is equally important.
Note: I would highly recommend Keto Camp – A professional Keto program designed by professionals that I have reviewed here (at the less than the cost of coffee for a month) and backed by a money back guarantee!
You can, of course still follow all the steps below and get awesome results.
What can I expect?
Following a keto diet plan, beginners can expect some fatigue for the first 2-3 days as your body starts burning fat instead of calories.
Once that is over, it’s only a long list of good things so read on:
- Weight loss: Duh! You can expect to lose as much as 10 pounds or even more based on your starting weight as soon as the first week
- Protection against cancer (your body needs less insulin which protects against cancer and even slows it down)
- Reduction in blood sugar level
- Improvement in blood pressure
- Increase in good cholesterol (HDL) and reduction in bad cholesterol (LDL)
- You will feel more energetic
Bottom Line: With a Keto diet you should experience not only a reduction in weight but also a host of other medical benefits.
Is Keto right for me?
Keto is helpful for people across the spectrum – from someone looking for weight loss or improvement in general health to athletes looking to increase your endurance!
Unless you’re pregnant or breastfeeding or on medication for diabetes or high blood pressure you should be good to go. However, it’s always a good idea to check with your physician before you start any diet plan.
Keto Diet Plan Beginners Menu
- Before I share my food recommendations with you keep the following basics in mind
- Hydration: Keep yourself hydrated throughout the day
- Do not count your calories. Eat as much as you like, whenever you like – just eat the right stuff
- If you feel fatigued during the first 2 or 3 days, don’t panic, have water mixed with salt and stay the course
Note: The Keto Diet Camp package includes a grocery list & a cook book in under $40! Check it out here.
Instead of typing down all the stuff, I have embedded tasty Keto food options for you for all meals of the day, I’ve picked up my favorite recipes that you can use for different meals all days of the week.
Breakfast: The best meal of the day must be awesome! Check out the video below for one full week of delicious Keto breakfast
Lunch: Most working people would prefer an easy to make and carry lunch for the whole week, do this recipe works best for me:
However, if you want to have the time to whip up a delicious Keto lunch for yourself or your family every day of the week – power, respect and the following for you. The recipes here are pretty easy too.
Dinner: 5 super yummy low ideas with further low carb variations that you may like
Cannot cook / Too much cooking / Eating out
Honestly these are just excuses! I’m not a big fan of cooking and generally tend to make enough food to last me at least 2 days.
Having meals outside is also equally easy – just order meat and veggies and no rice, breads or dessert – that does it.
Get started now!
So now that you’ve come to the end of the article only thing standing between you and a great body is you. If you’re looking for more motivation you can start a professional guided course for less than $40 here.
Do leave comments below to let me know what you think and keep me posted on your success.
Dedicated to your success.